Leachco Snoogle Body Pillow
Doctors recommend that you lie on your left side during the later months of pregnancy, as it will improve circulation to your heart and allow for the best blood flow to your baby, uterus, and kidneys (they also warn that lying on your back can make your feel faint and put pressure against a major vein, slowing blood flow and the decreasing oxygen and nourishment levels to your baby). For many mothers-to-be, sidelying is actually the only way they can lie down in bed when the bump gets large but even then lying comfortably can prove phenomenally difficult. That’s where the maternity pillow comes in: offering support to the bump and decreasing pressure on the spine, and a pillow like the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow can go a long way towards alleviating associated back pain and sciatica.
The #1 best-selling pregnancy pillow on Amazon, the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow boasts a patented design in cool polyester with a fully removable and machine-washable cover. Developed by a registered nurse, it takes the place of the cluster of regular pillows you would probably use to support your hips, back, knees, head and tummy throughout pregnancy. Gone is the need for constant fussing and readjustment during the night (and your partner will have a little more room as well).
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is cleverly designed to follow the shape of your growing curves and has an extra-long midsection ensuring the all-important back and bump support, plus a slightly curved end that tucks between your knees to help regulate body heat. Finally, the Snoogle features a horseshoe-shaped head pillow to provide optimal comfort for your upper back and neck.
- No matter which way you are facing, when you are sleep on your side the Snoogle will be there to accommodate and support your growing curves, allowing good quality of rest and promoting the optimal position for sleep during your pregnancy.
- The Snoogle has been known to aid sufferers of lower back pain, sciatica, restless leg syndrome and much more. Designed with the needs of expectant mothers in mind, it is cleverly constructed in order to make their sleep more comfortable and easy – and at this time, it’s crucial you get a good night’s rest.
- You can also get experimental with your Snoogle. Try coiling it into a circle and using it to lie on your front (a normal pillow for your head will be required) or as a back support when sitting up against a wall or on the couch.
- For more sensitive skins the pillow case included with the Snoogle may be somewhat less than perfect. You could choose to purchase a replacement cover, but this will up your total cost considerably.
- Many users find replacing the cover a source of great frustration thanks to the Snoogle’s unique shape and cover design. Whether you will want to wrestle with this particular problem eight months into your pregnancy is questionable.
- The Snoogle is not as flexible as some other full body pregnancy pillows and its shape cannot be changed if you don’t find it as comfortable as you hoped. Like any full body pillow, it can also make you feel hot.
The first thing I noticed was how big it is, it takes up loads of room in the bed and if my partner was by some divine miracle still sharing a duvet with me (sadly that ship passed around the six month mark because we could no longer get comfortable together), he would have fallen out faster that you can say “there were two in the bed, and the pregnant one said.” There’s just no room in our double bed for me, the Snoogle and my husband, and while I always thought pregnancy pillows would be a crazy luxury, now I’m here I can definitely say the Snoogle would win over my hubby every time. It lets me cuddle it all night and in terms of support is really comfortable, plus it never complains about being too hot!
Given the other reviews I’ve read, I was not too surprised to notice that the fabric on my Snoogle is coarse and really scratchy. You’d be forgiven for thinking it doesn’t have a cover on at all, and even though I don’t exactly have sensitive skin I can feel how scratchy it is when I cuddle up to it uncovered. Washing the cover with fabric conditioner helps a little with the texture, but ultimately it still needs a nice quality regular pillowcase over the head section.
In terms of the dreaded cover replacement, after struggling to roll it back on for at least fifteen minutes I had to call my husband in to assist and then he found it difficult too! I would definitely consider buying one of the soft jersey covers to replace the poor quality cover I have as it will probably improve the overall experience and couldn’t be any harder to put on to the Snoogle than the one Leachco already included.
Overall my Snoogle is quite comfortable but I can imagine that it would not be so nice for some people with a different body shape to me. The shape of the pillow is totally rigid and can’t be altered at all. I enjoy cuddling up to it now that I’ve included my own Egyptian cotton pillowcase but I feel Leachco have let themselves down in terms of the quality of the fabric. You shouldn’t have to spend more money on another cover, and that’s frustrating as this is otherwise a sound buy.” Jessica D.
- Ease of use
When you find the right maternity pillow for you it can feel like a godsend, as your back pain – not to mention your overall experience of pregnancy – may seem to improve overnight. Unfortunately not everyone loves the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow, but many do. The inadequately coarse cover definitely needs to be adapted in the future; nevertheless, with 1,335 positive reviews and counting, this pillow has obtained cult status as the #1 pregnancy pillow on Amazon.